Has there ever been a more adventurous pop culture hero than Super Mario? From his debut in the early ’80s on the Nintendo Entertainment System, all the way to the present day where he headlines the hottest next-gen games, this little Italian plumber has remained one of the most instantly identifiable and beloved figures in the world.
There’s a good chance your child is a huge fan and may want to have his or her own Super Mario birthday party. If this is the case, all you need to do is follow these simple steps to throw the best Super Mario party ever.
• Posters that feature Mario and game play footage
• Toy plumbing tools
• Banners that spell out your child’s name and which wish them a “Super Mario Birthday!”
• Cardboard standees of Mario characters placed through the home
• Mario video game music playing in the background
These decoration ideas will immerse the children at the party fully into the experience and make it more fun and exciting for everyone involved.
Party Favors To Consider
No birthday party is complete without fun party favors. These favors are appropriate for Super Mario and can be purchased inexpensively at most party supply stores:
• Super Mario Caps – Mario’s costume can be spotted instantly by just about any child, and you can buy inexpensive red Mario caps and green Luigi hats.
• Plush Mario Toys – Inexpensive plush toys of Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, and the rest of the gang are readily available in most toy stores.
• Super Mario Chocolate Coins – Mario loves collecting coins in just about every one of his games, and the kids at your party will love these delicious chocolate rewards.
These simple items will be fun for your child’s friends to play with at the party and to take home as a memento of the party. This is one party they’re sure to remember for years to come!
Food To Serve
Mario’s Italian heritage has made him a huge fan of a variety of foods, including spaghetti and other noodle dishes. However, there is one Italian dish that kids love above all others: pizza. Try creating a few delicious pizza pies to serve at the party. Lasagna is another great choice!
You could also scatter Super Mario chocolate coins around the tables in the party area.
And of course the cake should be shaped and decorated like Mario himself! Just make sure to save the biggest piece for the birthday boy or girl! Mario-themed cakes are a pretty popular item at most supermarkets and bakeries.
Play Some Mario Games
What Super Mario party would be complete without playing some of Mario’s adventurous games? Mario is a Nintendo exclusive so look for Wii titles or games made for Nintendo’s DS systems.
Host a contest where each child dresses like their favorite character from the Super Mario Brothers universe. Create a panel of three or four judges to determine the winning costume.
It’s not too difficult to plan and execute a great Super Mario party. All you need to do is replace the items you’d normally include in a party with ones associated with Super Mario. Your Mario-obsessed child will love his or her super unique party!